We started with our state-of-the-art deep learning algorithm for molecular property prediction and optimization, presented at NeurIPS 2019 in December 2019. We have made major changes and improved performance even more and are validating with leading drug development partners on a diverse range of targets.Our Research
Founded in September 2019, we are a team of experienced AI/machine learning and business specialists applying state of the art generative AI to drug discovery in close collaboration with biopharmaceutical partners to bring new therapeutics to market across disease areas and positively impact lives.
FUNDING, PARTNERS & INVESTORS
Variational AI is hiring!
Please see open job listing below or contact us if you would like to join the team in the area of machine learning, computational and medicinal chemistry, and business development.
Software developer (Machine learning)
VANCOUVER, BC (OR REMOTE) / 4+ YRS EXPERIENCE / FULL TIME
Variational AI is redefining the unit economics of drug discovery. We are pushing the state-of-the-art in machine learning, integrated with cheminformatics expertise, to radically accelerate the development of promising drug candidates. Our small team of machine learning researchers and chemists is changing a massive industry for the better. We are looking for an experienced software developer with machine learning/data science skills to join the team full-time:
Here is the background we’re looking for
- Degree in CS, applied mathematics, statistics, physics, or related discipline; preferably a Master’s degree or Ph.D.
- Four or more years’ experience developing robust code on larger projects, including code review, refactoring, unit testing, version control, etc.
- Knowledge of and experience with machine learning techniques, including deep neural networks, recurrent neural networks, generative models, and attention mechanisms.
- Expertise in Python and PyTorch.
- Intellectual curiosity and drive to excel.
- Experience with AWS, containerization, and Linux server/network/cluster management (desirable).
We are an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically welcome applications from women, BIPOC, and members of underrepresented communities and groups. Compensation is a competitive mix of cash and options. We prioritize expertise and passion over where you decide to live and work. Please send resumes/CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply Now